Big 3-4


As I mentioned on the front page, my birthday came and went, and it wasn’t too painful.  I went out to lunch with a few co-workers a few days before my birthday.  Then on Saturday night I filled up with sushi with mom and dad and on Sunday Steph surprised me with a drive down to Monterey, a visit to the aquarium and lunch on the beach at Pebble Beach.  So a pretty good birthday I must say.

However, Saturday during the day was tough, but not because of the birthday.  One of my co-workers, Jodi Martino, lost her son in the middle of the night the week prior, still without any explanation, and the memorial for 18-month old Matteo was Saturday morning.  The sudden and unexpected loss of a smiling, happy toddler brings up so many questions, most of them without any answers, so that has provided a sense of perspective.  Jodi is an avid blogger, and her ability to put into words what she and her family have been going through is amazing.  You can check out her blog at, martinomadness.blogspot.com.  But I must warn you, if you read the entries from the past week, read with kleenex close by.

Other things that have been going on...Ellie started swim lessons.  And she loves the water.  She loves jumping off the side of the pool, she loves being held and thrown, but she hasn’t grasped the kicking and blowing bubbles yet.  I’ve been teaching Katelyn some Final Cut Pro as she’s getting pretty good at putting together videos.  Steph also started her new job, which obviously comes with a few more responsibilities and a few added stresses, but I’m sure when she gets into the groove everything will work like clockwork.
That’s all, until next time.

PS - And the photo above was the day Steph and I went to get our new iPhones, and Ellie was testing out the iPods.

Comments