Summer is here


Lots going on!

Steph is in Washington DC for a health care conference so it’s just me and Ellie for the week.  And so far, so good.  Although Ellie does think Steph went to the moon.  Steph was taking the red-eye from San Jose, so Ellie and I dropped her off at the airport at night.  Ellie sees the airplanes fly into the sky....the moon is in the sky...so Steph must have gone to moon.  At least that is how Ellie describes it.  So now she wants to go to the moon.

Katelyn finished up her freshman year, and seems to have enjoyed it.  And I know she is really looking forward to summer vacation.

Update on the garden.  The garden is doing well, both tomato plants, both watermelon plants, and all three rows of corn have come up and are growing well.  The tomato plants even have a few small green tomatoes.  So far, so good for the first try of a backyard garden.

The past few weeks have been a lot of fun too.  The weekend after Grandma’s surprise party we had the 2nd annual Kleinheinz Family reunion at Bill Kleinheinz’s house in Hillsborough, and that was a lot of fun.  He’s got a great backyard and a really cool pool.  And getting to see everyone again was a lot of fun.

Then the following weekend we went over to Jim and Lynda Branco’s house to celebrate Bryan’s birthday.  Ellie got to spend the afternoon with her buddy Sam, and she had a great time.  Here is Ellie and Sam in Disneyland.



Quick movie review.  I saw the A Team and like it a lot, I must have been in the minority because the reviews were bad.  I also saw the new Karate Kid, and “Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir” lost something in the translation when it was in Chinese and I had to read it as a subtitle.  It’s tough to recreate a movie that I like so much, but it was OK.  Nothing great, nothing terrible.  Toy Story 3 comes out this Friday and I have the day off, so I’m taking Ellie to see it.  I’ll have review on that next time, plus a review of Ellie’s first trip to the movie theater.

Comments