Mid Summer and things are busy

 
Sounds like Steph had a great time down in Texas at Marlo’s baby shower, and it also sounds like everything went well (I’ll leave it up to Steph to post pictures).

While Steph was in Dallas, I took Ellie to Happy Hallow, which has become a very regular trip for us.  We did the usual routine, hit the roller coaster a couple times, the merry-go-round a few times, each time getting a new animal, and Ellie rode rides.  Since the line for the train was so long, I told Ellie that the train wasn’t running and we should just go some other rides, which she was cool with.  She was on these little buggies that go around in a circle, and everything was going well until she saw the train go by. At this point she started yelling “STOP, STOP, STOP.”  The ride operator got this horrifying look on his face as he raced over to the stop button.  The ride stopped, and even before it had come to a complete stop Ellie was trying to unbuckle her seatbelt and get out of the ride.  The guy raced up to her to see if she was OK, and she said “I gotta get out, the train is here.”  All I could do is shake my head as Ellie ran out the gate and toward me.  She had a huge smile on her face as she approached me and said “The train’s working.” OYE!

After Happy Hallow we picked up some Togo’s sandwiches and had a picnic at the park before going to the airport to pick up Steph.

With all that, we got another big week ahead.  Katelyn is turning 15!!  Don’t get me started on how fast things have gone because it is beyond ridiculous.  Needless to say we’ll be doing a little shopping and most likely have a sushi dinner.  We’ll see what Katelyn has in mind.

Comments