Hall of Fame Trip


I’m gonna try and keep a running list for this Hall of Fame trip, so although it may be a bit choppy, hopefully it’s entertaining.

First leg of the trip, so far so good.  Cab was on time to pick me up at 5:00 am. I guess I haven’t been to the San Jose airport in a while, because it’s all new.  New security check, new gates, everything was pretty nice.  One of the best things, and the newest thing that I used, was my boarding pass on my iPhone.  When I checked in online Tuesday they gave me the option of printing out a boarding pass or downloading it to my phone.  So I downloaded it.  Then when I got to the security gate, I actually brought up the boarding pass on my phone, put my phone nest to the scanner, and it scanned the barcode off my phone.  Pretty cool.  One less thing to carry.

Another nice thing about the San Jose airport is the free WIFI, which was/is not available in Dallas (where I am typing this now).  The flight to Dallas was fairly uneventful, although the view was pretty cool leaving San Jose.  The clouds were low and once we passed through them they just looked like a huge white blanket between the mountains.



I watched Taking of Phelan 123, which was pretty good.  A good way to kill almost 2 hours of the flight.  And the best part was that it only used about 40% of the battery, so I could have gone double feature without having to recharge the battery.

Picked up a little lunch at the DFW airport and now I’m just waiting on my connection to Cleveland.  Jeff made his connection, which I was a little concerned with considering he only had a 40-minute layover in Denver.

The leg from Dallas to Denver was fine, nothing big either way, although it was a smaller, regional jet, so only two seats on each side of the aisle.  Plus the flight attendants kept telling me different things, one said I couldn’t have my computer in the seat-back pocket in front of me and it had to be on the floor, then the other told me it couldn’t be on the floor it had to be placed somewhere.

But overall the flights were good.  Both got in about 10-15 minutes early, which is always a good thing.  Now I’m off to find Jeff, get the rental car and head to the hotel.

OK, sorry for only one update.  The hotel didn’t have wireless, so I couldn’t do any updates.  More info, and a little video coming soon.

Comments