Ellie turns 3 and other fun things


Ellie celebrated her 3rd birthday with a party at Pump It Up Jr. in Sunnyvale.  She got all her best buds together and had a great time jumping around, going down the inflatable slides and in general just going crazy.  And the best part?  Shortly after coming home she crashed for a couple hours.



Which is just what I needed because it had been a long week.

The beginning of September also meant the beginning of school for Katelyn.  She entered her sophomore year and so far so good.  She’s got a challenging group of classes which I’ll let her detail in her blog.
Speaking of other places besides this page, I finally was able to upload part two of the Hall of Fame trip.
Early September also means the start of football, so both fantasy leagues had their draft, and after week one, I don’t want to talk about it too much.  In the SGFL I felt bad immediately following the auction, and it panned out as I barley broke double digits.  It’s gonna be a long season there.  In the Santa Clara league we hit 2nd high points, which was nice, but we also lost Ryan Grant, our 3rd round pick for the year, and we are a little thin now.  I’m also in a 3rd fantasy league.  This one with Steph, Jeff, Bob, Todd and a few randoms, but the big thing is Steph’s got her own team, so we’ll see how she does.  We play each other in week two (two days away) so bragging rights is on the line.

Speaking of football, but only briefly, the Niners looked terrible as the got crushed by Seattle.  Now all heck is breaking lose at 4949, so we’ll see what happens to them.

Back to the birthday girl.  She’s getting so big and doing so much now.  Let me hit a few things.  She got a big girl bed for her birthday, which she loves.

She’s also a chatter-box.  Saying things like “Grandma, you kill me” and “Daddy, I’m serious” and “When I grow up can I be a little kid?”

She loves going to the park to play baseball and now that football season is here, she enjoys playing catch with the football.



On a house note, we got new couches and a new bed.  We upgraded to a king size bed and now it takes up almost our entire room.  But it sure is nice.  We had the same bed since Steph was in college, so needless to say it was time for something new.  The couches are also very nice

I’ve been meaning to write it for a while now, but we have some very funny dogs.  They are such people dogs.  They can’t even be in the room alone, then need someone with them.  Even when  they are sleeping, if you leave the room, the will get up, follow you and plop down where ever you stop.  Even when I take a shower, Sierra will come in and lay on the rub outside the shower and wait for me.  Great dogs!!!

Comments