Trick-or-Treak

Well, November didn't start out great.  On Monday the 1st I started to have some pretty strong abdominal pains around noon, by 2:30 I was on my way to the Emergency Room.  Long story short, I ended up spending almost 3 days in the hospital with acute pancreatitis.  The pancreatitis was brought on by some new medication that the doctor had put me on a couple weeks ago.  So thankfully they were able to figure out the cause pretty quickly and get the pain reduced, because it was the worst pain I'd ever felt in my life.  But I was able to get discharged on the 3rd and am feeling much better now.

Halloween weekend was a lot of fun.  It started on Friday with a surprise party for my dad's 60th birthday.  And he was surprised!  I put together a video with some old movie clips from when he was a kid and some memories from some of his siblings and friends.  Check it out on YouTube if you'd like to see it --

Halloween itself was fun. This year Ellie dressed up as Snow White and went trick-or-treating with her friend Natalee who dressed up as Cinderella, so an all Princess outing.

The garden is all finished for the year.  We picked the last basket of tomatoes then pulled out all the plants.  Not a bad first swing at a garden here in the backyard.  We might try and expand a little next season, but we'll see how the "development of the backyard" goes.

Ellie must know Christmas is around the corner, because she's already talking about making a list for Santa Claus.

Steph and I caught Due Date, it was OK.  Mildly entertaining, but not nearly as roll-on-the-floor-laughing like I was hoping.

Comments