Gymnastics and Pebble Beach



Katelyn's gymnastics season is underway, and she's been getting better each meet.  We just got back from her third meet of the year, where she posted her first 9 at level 9.  Overall she took 2nd on the beam, 4th on the floor, 4th on bars and 3rd overall.  So like I said, so far a very successful season for Katelyn.

Katelyn's also got a lot going on in school.  She just picked her classes for her junior year.  JUNIOR YEAR, that in itself takes a few moments to get my head wrapped around.  But she's gonna be very challenged, with 3 AP classes including Spanish 5.  Clearly she didn't her ability to learn a foreign language from me!

Steph is feeling good, although she's been tired, which i can only imagine is to be expected.

The baby name bracket hasn't shrunk much, it looks like it is going to be a battle down to the wire.

The one in the family who's having the toughest time is Sierra.  She had been a little gimpy since Thanksgiving, and after a pretty good slip on the ice at Almanor she be became really gimpy.  But, there isn't much to do except try and keep her off it.  The vet won't do surgery on only a partial tear, so we are just hoping it sort of heals itself.  Which is tough since she isn't one to be kept down for very long.

On the fun-factor I finally got the tickets from KNBR to the Pebble Beach Pro Am, and Steph and I went down with some friends, Marisa and Jig.  It was A LOT of fun, the weather was incredible!  It had to be 70+ with no wind and not a cloud in the sky.  We stood off the green on a par 3 and watched the "big" names comes through. George Lopez, Drew Brees, Chris O'Donnell, Phil Mickleson, Tony Romo, Andy Garcia, and a bunch of others that I just can't think of right now.  We also wandered around the course and watched a few other groups, but it was an incredible day!

And finally, Ellie is sure learning a lot from her mother.  It was just her and I one night and I was sitting on the recliner and she was sitting on the couch and she said, "I'm thirsty.  Dad, can you get me some juice." To which I just looked at her for a moment since I had just sat down, and she looks back at me and says "I Love You." Talk about knowing how to work the system already. Geez!!

Comments