Gonna go see Mickey



Spring is here, kind of.  We had a stretch of about 4-5 days last week that hit 70+ degrees, and it was really nice.  Busted out the BBQ, did some yard work, etc.  But now, the last few days have gone back to being crappy.  Rain at night, cold during the day.  Not good.  But the forecast does call for more and more sun in the coming days, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that.
 
We are heading down to Anaheim next week for Katelyn’s Regional Gymnastics competions, so that will be fun.  We are going to detour over to the Magic Kingdom for a day while we are down there, so everyone is looking forward to that.  Maybe not Steph as much as usual since she won’t be able to do anything.  I wonder if she goes into labor at the park if Kiddo will get some kind of lifetime pass to the park? I’ll have to think about that one.
 
Katelyn is a little behind on editing her gymnastics videos, but hopefully we’ll catch up soon and have some video from the Regionals competition.
 
If the weather stays warm for a few days I’m going to do my best Ty Pennington impression and try and redo the backyard.  I wanna get new grass planted and make an area for a garden.  Gotta get the plants in the ground soon.
 
Mom and dad got Steph tickets to Cirque du Soleil for her birthday, so we took that in a few weeks ago.  That was fun.  What they do is amazing.  The hanging by their toes, the flips, very cool stuff!
 
Remember the line I stood in for my iPad? Well, there was a small incident the other day.  We were taking Katelyn home and Ellie wanted to bring the iPad in the car.  So I told her to carry it with two hands, which she did.  The part I forgot to tell her was not to trip.  So walking down the walkway, she tripped, took the fall and the iPad went flying. SMACK DOWN on the corner.  And as cool as they are, they really aren’t build to withstand that type of impact.  So the corner shattered, the glass turned into a spiderweb and my cool tech gadget wasn’t so cool any more.
 
BUT there is a happy ending to the story and it all has to do with Apple.  I took the iPad in, told them what happened and they said “we know things like this happen, and even though it isn’t covered under warranty we can do a one-time exchange.  So the guy went in the back and came out with a  brand-new iPad.  AWESOMENESS!!! This is why people love Apple.  In addition to the products being awesome, the customer service rocks!
 
Got our photos from the photoshoot back.  Some are in the photo section, so check them out.  Be sure to see Katelyn’s “Got Milk” one.

Comments