Fall Craziness

It's been a long, LONG time, and it's not like things haven't been going on. Things are crazy. With that said, I'm gonna just hit some of the bullets and try and go into detail later (yeah, right).

So, I took a new job. I'm now the Sr. Public Affairs Rep. at Kaiser Santa Clara. So the 4 mile, 10 minute commute is awesome. Filling up the car once a month opposed to once a week is awesome. I'm doing more internal, employee communications. Doing some writing. Doing some intranet posting. A full bucket of stuff really. And so far, so good. With the shorter commute I can take Ellie to school in the morning, all sorts of good stuff. But I will say, I didn't realize how much I used my commute time to talk on the phone, listen to the radio, etc. Now, if I hit the start of a commercial break when I start the car, I may not hear any sports talk on my drive to and from work. So that's a bummer. As is not being able to make calls and stuff on the longer commute. So those are just a couple things I didn't think about.

Katelyn is doing well for the most part. She's had an ankle issue for a while now, and the doctor finally told her she had to be in a boot for a couple week and not practice, which really bummed her out. But better now then during season I guess. Other then that she just had her homecoming dance, is working really hard in all her AP classes, and starting to eye college. And that's gonna be a whole new world in working through the college picking process.

Ellie is doing good. Started preschool in September and really seems to enjoy it. They have little jobs to do at school, and she always wants to be the lunchbox helper.  I figured I should document some of the things she does and says, because it's only a matter of time before she stops and they are forgotten. Like "Big Hot Milk and Hot Milk."  I'm not sure where this originated, but this is how she asks for a big glass of hot milk before bed. She's also a little performer.

Lukas is great. Getting bigger and bigger. He sleeps in his crib and pretty much get a full 10-11 hours a night. He goes down around 7:30 and wakes-up around 6:30 or so. So that's good. He's about to rollover any day now, so that will be his next trick.

In between leaving Packard and starting at Kaiser, we went to Disneyland for a few days. Which is always fun, and made even more fun this time as we stayed in the Disneyland Hotel. We got there late Tuesday night and went to the park on Wed, Thur, Fri and Saturday. Again, as always it was a lot of fun. Ellie got to go on Star Tours, which she loved, and Splash Mountain, which wasn't as much fun since she got really wet, and Tower of Terror, which was not fun at all! Also, surprising to me was how much she loved the parades. I thought she'd be antsy and wanting to go on rides while we waited, but she was good and thought the parades were awesome. So that was new and interesting. Lukas just was along for the ride this time. He was able to hit a few things, but not that he cared. He was content to cruise around in the stroller and drink his bottle for the most part. We are hoping to go back in December when it is setup for Christmas, but we'll see.


Comments