Happy Thanksgiving


While there a ton to be Thankful for, I really want to hit a few of the small things, and very well be forgotten if I don’t jot them down.

When Ellie was a toddler, warm milk was what put her to sleep at night. And the evolution of growing up, learning to talk, and transitioning to a big girl bed turned her milk before bed into “big hot milk and hot milk.” I’m guessing it was just the natural combination of asking her if she wanted hot milk before she went to bed, and asking if she wanted a big bottle or a little bottle. It was always “yes, hot milk” and “big”. So now before she goes to bed, even though she doesn’t always drink it, she asks for “big hot milk and hot milk." Soon enough she won’t want or need milk to go to bed and the request will be gone. But for now, it just makes me smile each night thinking that she isn’t totally grown up yet, even though she seems to be advancing by leaps and bounds each day.

A couple days ago we made paper airplanes together, and as she was flying the one I made around the house, she proclaimed, “dad, this is awesome. You tricked out my plane.” Tricked out my plane?!?! Where did that come from? She has also taken to ice skating. We’ve gone to Sharks Ice a couple times and she skates with the 5-gallon buckets turned upside down. Which is a great invention by whoever thought of that.



Lukas is a rolling fool. He isn’t a big fan of being on his back, and quickly rolls onto his stomach. Steph says he’s been doing this for awhile, although I never witnessed it. I think she had him on an incline and just rolled him down it. He’s moved on to baby food. So far he seems to like everything. Bananas…good! Sweet potatoes…good! We got squash and plums up next, so we’ll see about those. He’s also sitting up a lot more.

Sporting the Red & Gold!

Jeff Kurpinsky and his family are down for Thanksgiving. So they came over for dinner one night. I did up a spaghetti dinner, Italian sausage, garlic bread, etc. But since I was in need of a few things, it was either rush to the store after work or……have Katelyn go get it. She’s got her license now, so for the first time I texted her and had her run to the store and pick up some things for dinner. Talk about feeling old. I pulled up to the house after work and saw her truck in front of the house and just had to pause. Was this (pic) really that long ago???
How can she already be driving?!?!

It has also been a busy couple weeks for sporting events. Jerry and I hit the Stanford v Oregon game. Both teams were ranked in the Top 10 and it was a fun atmosphere. Oregon ended up cleaning their clock, but it was a fun game. Then, hit the 49ers v Cardinals game with Jeff, his dad, and two boys. So that was another good time. Watching the Niners move to 9-1 (just as I predicted).

News & Notes that probably only interest me. I’m a big fan of Tim McGraw radio on Sirius XM……Had a run of illness through the family. Ellie, then Lukas, then Steph, me for about a day, but Nyquil took care of that.  So all good now…Want a good Dad blog to follow, check out Daddy Files. He's a New England sports nut, a little colorful at times, but nearly always entertaining.

Comments