On the list

This Christmas season has been a lot of fun, and we are only 6 days into December.

We got our tree this past weekend. Our standard 7'-8' footer from Home Depot (although Steph wasn't thrilled with it when we got it home), came home and Ellie was so excited to decorate. She wasn't a big fan of putting the lights on first, the the ribbon, she wanted to jump right to the ornaments. When we got around to putting the ornaments on you could really tell where Ellie could reach, because there was about a two-foot by two-foot area, mostly right in the front, that had about 20 ornaments on it. She was super-excited all day about the tree!

She also got a visit from Jelf (the Elf on the Shelf). And even more then last year, the first thing she does every morning is go look for him. Jelf didn't move one night (sometimes you forget about that little guy) and there was a little concern as to why. Fortunately we were going out that afternoon and when we got in the car I "forgot something" and had to run in the house. So Jelf was in a new spot when we returned. This eased Ellie's concern. Thank goodness!!

She's also on a big kick regarding the Naughty and Nice Lists. She's had a few times when she wouldn't eat her dinner or something, and all of a sudden would break down in tears. She'd say, "I don't want to be on the Naughty List." So she's very aware that not listening or not being good could put her on the Naughty List. Although her salvation is that Freddy is on the Warning List, a list somewhere between the Nice List and the Naughty List. She's also told Lukas that if he isn't a good sleeper or doesn't take his nap that he'll be put on the Naughty List. Doesn't seem to faze him.


First sign of another thumb-sucker
She has also set a date to stop sucking her thumb, December 10. She was told that if she stopped sucking her thumb, then we could go to Disneyland. But since we've been discussing it with people and making plans, she knows we are going. So she's put it together that we are going, so she has to stop sucking her thumb. So we'll see. Not holding my breath.

Although in other thumb-sucking news, Luke spit out his pacifier the other day and went right to the thumb, UGH!! So we may have another one on our hands.

For this I blame Steph, because I certainly wasn't a thumb-sucker.

Old school
 Katelyn had another cheer competition up at the Cow Palace.

I've only been to the Cow Palace a handful of times, but each time has been very memorable. I saw the Sharks play there in their first season. I'm pretty sure they lost that game (as an expansion team, they lost A LOT), but what I do remember was Link Gaetz getting into a fight (which as I learned later on, was also a regular occurrence). My dad took me to see the WWF (yes, the WWF not the WWE) when I was about 12. I saw Mr. Wonderful take on The Macho Man and I saw the British Bulldogs take two of three falls from the Hart Foundation.

Katelyn's team did well. They took 4th. Would have finished higher but they performed an illegal maneuver (didn't know that was possible in cheer, but I guess so). I took iPhone video of the performance that I'm gonna try and put up soon.  If I do, I'll post it here (or somewhere).

In notes that only I care about. Both of my fantasy teams made the playoffs, but it went down to the Monday Night game of the last regular season week to get in.  Took the #2 seed in the SGFL. The #6 seed in the Santa Clara league...NFC WEST CHAMPS, that's what the 49ers are! Playoffs baby!....Both Kristin and Jason are on Twitter, so if you are, follow them -- &

Comments