Jerry Might Be Right, Just Don't Tell Him


After a recent whirlwind week, I had lunch with Jerry at our regular Mexican restaurant. I was recanting how exhausted I was, and it was only Tuesday (or Wednesday).

He quipped, “you’re livin’! You’re going here, there, always out, that’s livin’.”
And while it pains me, he may be right.

I’ve always been about the destination, and often forget to enjoy the journey, which is shocking, since I try and preach that to the kids all the time. Enjoy the moment. Don’t rush. Look around.

So, along those lines, it’s time for me to start living in the moment, while capturing what’s happening around me during those fun times, those outings, those “livin’” moments. It’s also a good thing to capture those moments because I’ll tell you, the memory isn’t what it used to be.

To kickoff that new thought process, we had the chance to go to the Sharks game recently. They played the Wild. They won. We had a fun time with Cesar, Isela, Liv and Diego, but the clear highlight was the dancing. Enjoy.

Just remember, don't tell Jerry he may have been right.



Comments