The Return of WWE

I've been an on-again off-again wrestling fan for a long time.

I was a HUGE fan when I was a kid! I was part of the generation when Hulk Hogan became an icon and wrestling took off like a rocket. I remember watching channel 20 in the Bay Area at 8:00 in the evenings for the WWF Superstars show, then it was moved to Saturday mornings and AWA took the Saturday evening slot.  I remember Saturday Night Main Events that happened every other month. I remember the lead up to Wrestlemania an wondering what the heck pay-per-view was.

So my history with wrestling goes back a long time! And it has come and gone throughout the years, and up until recently I hadn't watched a big event or Monday Night RAW or Smackdown in years.

And then it happened. I showed Lukas some clips on YouTube and he's been hooked. He can't walk in the front door without elbow dropping the bean bag. He can't hold a long conversation without busting out some wrestling lines.

He's all in!!

And it makes me so happy!

The wrestling today is certainly more high flying, no more Big John Studd or King Kong Bundy simply crushing guys because of size. No more characters like Hillbilly Jim or The British Bulldog, or the Killer Bees in masks. Now, it's more guys off the Jersey Shore, or guys dressed in all black. And the choreography is still there, you can seen the story lines building. But to see how invested he is in the characters, and the outcome of the matches, brings me back to when all I wanted to do was suplex my cousins onto the bed.

So if you hear loud screams coming from my house on Monday and Tuesday nights, have no fear, it is just Lukas watching, and performing, wrestling.

And it's SO cool!

Comments